Academic & Personal Support
Emerald Eagle Scholars are admitted to UNT through the regular competitive admissions process based on their high school rank and test scores without regard to financial status. In fact, eligibility for the Emerald Eagle Scholars program is not established until after students have applied for financial aid.
Because many Emerald Eagle Scholars are the first in their families to attend college, they may face unique challenges. Understanding these challenges, UNT provides the academic and support to Emerald Eagle Scholars who are working hard to maintain a GPA over 2.5 and earn 15 semester credits each fall and spring to meet the program requirements. We’re committed to helping our Emerald Eagles succeed.
The benefits of this program are more than just financial:
- Access to a special resource to answer your questions, the Emerald Eagle Scholars Suite (Sage Hall 233)
- A staff and/or peer mentor to guide you and help you succeed
- Exclusive membership in the Emerald Eagle Scholars organization, an instant support network
- Make a difference in the community through service opportunities for Emerald Eagle Scholars
- Eligibility for potential study abroad opportunities to gain a new understanding of the world
- A plan to graduate in four years
The Emerald Eagle Scholars consistently earn more credit hours each semester and graduate in less time than their peers. UNT is very proud of these scholars!