The Emerald Eagle Scholars Program is an invitation-only program. No special application is necessary. Your eligibility for the Emerald Eagle Scholars Program is based on the information you provide when you apply to UNT. To be considered for an invitation you must:
- Enroll as a first-year student the same year you graduate from high school.
- Have a family adjusted gross income (AGI) of $40,000 or less.
- Be a Texas resident.
- Be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant through UNT.
- Meet certain academic criteria such as high school GPA, class rank, SAT/ACT scores, etc.
We award on a first come, first-served basis and space is limited. You should apply with the Texas Common Application on the ApplyTexas website and submit a completed application and application fee by March 1.
Submit transcripts and SAT or ACT scores to the UNT Office of Admissions by March 1. Visit UNT Undergraduate Admission Requirements for more information. Complete the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid on the FAFSA website by January 15. Use UNT’s FAFSA code: 003594.
**Note: If you are selected for verification, please be aware you must complete the entire verification process by the Census Date of the fall semester. Failure to meet the deadline may jeopardize your award and status in the Emerald Eagle Scholars Program.
If you are selected for the program, you will receive an invitation via the email you provided UNT. Your notification packet will include a link to sign the Commitment Agreement. By signing the Commitment Agreement, you are reserving your spot in the program. Signing the Commitment Agreement does not hold you financially responsible to UNT. If you decide not to attend UNT, please email us ASAP so we can terminate your contract.
Please keep in mind that space is limited, and we award on a first come, first-served basis, so please return your Commitment Agreement as soon as possible. If need be, we will begin a waitlist once the cohort is full.
To remain in good standing with the program, all scholars must:
- Maintain at least a 2.5 UNT cumulative GPA.
- Successfully complete at least 24 credit hours by the end of each academic year.
- Enroll as a full-time student each semester (we highly recommend enrolling in 15 credit hours each semester to ensure you graduate in 4 years).
- Maintain Pell eligibility each year.
- Complete at least one campus engagement per semester.
- All first-year students will be auto-enrolled in Access Mentoring.