Removing Financial Barriers
Being selected for the Emerald Eagle Scholars Program is an honor and privilege. Through institutional, state, and federal grants, the university pays the average cost of tuition and mandatory fees up to 15 undergraduate credit hours each fall and spring semester to academically successful and committed students for four consecutive years.
Academic and Personal Support
Because many Emerald Eagle Scholars are the first in their families to attend college, they may face unique challenges. Understanding these challenges, UNT provides academic support to Emerald Eagle Scholars who are working hard to maintain at least a 2.5 UNT cumulative GPA and earn full time student status each fall and spring semester to meet the program requirements. We are committed to helping our Emerald Eagles succeed.
The benefits of this program are more than just financial:
- Access to the Emerald Eagle Scholars staff to answer your questions.
- Access to the First-Generation Success Center (Union 376).
- A peer mentor to guide you and help you succeed during your first year at UNT.
- Exclusive membership in the Emerald Eagle Scholars Organization, an instant support network.
- Exclusive programming dedicated to leadership, service, and first-year students.
- Eligibility for potential study abroad opportunities to gain a new understanding of the world (only available to continuing students).
- Support to scholars who are struggling academically in the form of academic success programs.
- A plan to graduate in four consecutive years.
The Emerald Eagle Scholars consistently earn more credit hours each semester and graduate in less time than their peers. UNT is very proud of these scholars!